All enquiries with regard to Overseas Students must be made through the Registrar who will advise if there is a place available in the year level requested -
The Registrar - Marist College Ashgrove
PO Box 82
Ashgrove West QLD 4060
Telephone – 617 38584507
If a place is available for the year level you are enquiring about, Marist College Ashgrove will provide an enrolment package which includes –
- College Prospectus with forms to be completed to proceed to interview;
- Privacy Statement;
- Enrolment Information and Policy Document for Overseas Students;
- Fee Schedule
Families of Overseas Students are also required to provide the College with –
- A copy of the student’s current passport page with name, photo identification, passport number and expiry date;
- Any previous Student Visa(s) in Australia;
- A reference (in English) from the Principal of the school that the student currently attends advising of his progress;
- A photocopy of the student’s two most recent school reports (in English);
- A handwritten letter from the student (in English) talking about his home, family, present school, personal interests and why he would like to study at Marist College Ashgrove;
- Administration Fee of $250 (The Administration Fee is non-refundable, irrespective of the outcome of the application).
An application for enrolment will only be processed when all of the above information has been received by the Registrar and will be dealt with according to established policy and procedures.
The Registrar will contact you to advise you of the outcome of your application and if able to proceed, an interview will be arranged either in person or by telephone. The Headmaster will make the final decision on the acceptance of an Overseas Student.
If applicant is offered a place, the following will be provided –
- Letter of Offer and other documents to be completed and returned;
- Written Agreement to be completed, signed and returned;
- Invoice for Payment of Acceptance Fee (AI$5,000), prepaid tuition and non-tuition fees, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)** payment for the duration of the course.
*Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) now requires all visa applicants to provide evidence of OSHC for the proposed duration of their visa. Accordingly, our College will now arrange cover for all Overseas Students for the entire length of that student’s course of study + three months, as required by Commonwealth Government legislation. This levy must be paid in full prior to the College issuing an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE). The OSHC Levy paid prior to commencement is not refunded by the College. The responsibility for seeking any refund from the medical insurance authority lies with the family. See our Refund Policy.
Upon receipt of the required documents, signed by both parents and the payment of associated fees, an (eCoE) will be forwarded for you to obtain a Student Visa. This eCoE should then be taken to the nearest Australian High Commission or Australian Embassy where you reside so that the necessary Student Visa can be issued.
Family are advised of Subject Information Evenings and the student is helped with subject selections with his Head of House.
An Orientation package is posted to the family –
- Other general information
- Boarding Handbook;
- Important forms that will need to be completed and returned prior to the student commencing at the College - Health Centre, Computer Policy, Queensland Studies Authority Registration and Learning Account Information and Permission Slip, Data Collection Form.
School and parents communicate about arrival, pickup, accommodation etc.
Student arrives and Marist College Ashgrove provides –
- Orientation Booklet and advice on how to access student services;
- OSHC information;
- Introduction to designated Student Officer who will assist the student in adjusting to life and study at an Australian institution, and to help resolve problems;
- A copy of Marist College Ashgrove’s Grievance Policy to be signed;
- Advice in writing of DIMIA requirement to advise change of contact details.
- LINK TO STUDY QUEENSLAND - www.studyqueensland.qld.edu.au